If you're reading this blog, we are going to assume that you've done a great job making your home more eco-friendly. Yeay to composting, recycling and choosing Bambuyu Planet-friendly Toilet Paper. While it can be tricky to keep up with your sustainable habits when traveling, it doesn't mean that it's impossible.
Here are a few ways to have a green holiday this summer:
- Look for eco-friendly hotels and accommodations. Most large booking platforms will add a "Sustainable Property" tag to venues who have an eco-friendly operation.
- If you're staying at a hotel, skip housekeeping & linen changes as much as possible.
- Eat local produce and what's in season in the country. Off to Italy? Choose apricots & peaches. Visiting the UK? Enjoy your berries.
- Support local merchants. It's a great way to discover unique finds and support the local economy.
- Walk, cycle or take public transportation when possible.
- Book direct flights over flights with stopovers.
- Take along your reusable water bottles & shopping bags.